Not all children find friendships easy. Children may find it difficult to make new friends, keep new friends or find it hard to break away from peers they are not so keen on any more. I have covered off various issues regarding friends in other blog posts. This one focuses on if your child is having difficulties maintaining friendships. I find that many children like to make new friends and find it easy but when it comes to keeping them they find it more challenging. There are things you can do to help. You can check out that your children are doing the right things.
1. Are they being friendly?
2. Do they ask friends questions about the things that are important to them?
3. Do they help others if they need help?
4. Are they dependable and reliable?
5. Are they talking kindly about their friends to other friends?
6. Are they making friends with people who are the same and different to them? It can be fun to have friends who like to do the things as them but it can also be fun to learn about something new.
What advice would you give your child to help with their friendships?